7 Easy Steps to Enroll at Your Community College
Step 1: APPLY
• For admission complete an application: admissions.nmsu.edu
• For financial aid, in order to be considered for federal or state grants and loans complete: fafsa.ed.gov. Contact our Financial Aid office at 505-287-6621 with any questions.
Step 2: REQUEST ADMISSION DOCUMENTS
• Have your high school or GED transcript, and transcripts from all colleges attended mailed to: 1500 Third St., Grants, NM 87020 or Email official electronic transcripts: [email protected]
Step 3: TAKE PLACEMENT TEST
• Schedule and complete a placement test if necessary. Test slips for placement test can be picked up from Admissions Office.
Step 4: MEET WITH AN ACADEMIC ADVISOR
• Once your admission file is complete (Steps 1-3), meet with an advisor who will guide you through the process of selecting and registering for your classes.
Step 5: ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
• Orientation is required for all first-time students and will provide the information necessary to be successful at NMSU Grants. Transfer and readmits are welcome.
Step 6: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
• To register for your classes, login to my.nmsu.edu and click on “Registration” tab
Step 7: PAY FOR CLASSES
• Fees can be paid in person or online (see your my.nmsu.edu page under “My Statement”).
• If you have applied for financial aid, check with the Financial Aid Office to make sure you qualify and that your aid has been processed. No down payment is required.
Now you are ready to attend classes! It is time to start your future at New Mexico State University Grants! You have made a great choice!
Class schedules are available at grants.nmsu.edu
505.287-6678 I 1500 N. Third Street, Grants, NM 87020